Thursday, August 18, 2005

What is Our Navy coming to?

This came to me through a mutual friend from a old buddy still in the Navy. Their comments are the first and I have to agree with them.
 
I had to send this to you....I cannot believe the navy has come to this! I'm sure you can tell who it came from, but i cannot believe this. i asked him if the afternoon included group hugs and all of them sitting around holding hands and singing 'kumbaya'!
 

OK, so we get in this morning, find out we have an unscheduled no-fly day, so they schedule a three hour 'class' for all hands. an impromptu 'motivational' series of lectures. may i expound on my thoughts as i sat through three hours of voices i couldn't understand, something akin to a bus station announcing system, and realized i could never get these hours back in my life? hope you said yes. I took notes. feel free to use this for friends and co-workers...attribute it to 'a classic under-achiever; thoughts during a motivational speech on goals-setting'...
 
Step 1.)  Desire to have a goal. Or don't. Whatever...
 
Step 2.)   Write down your goals. That way you can tell yourself every day what a loser you are.
 
Step 3.)    Identify obstacles and realize how stupid you were to expect to overcome them.
 
Step 4.)   Obtain the knowledge you need to meet your goal, you moron.
 
Step 5.)   Gather all the information you need. Stack it together in your pile of broken dreams.
 
Step 6.)    Develop a plan and realize the futility of beginning. See Step 1.
 
Step 7.)    Picture yourself achieving your goal. Visualize. Can't see it happening, can you?
 
Step 8.)    Have a back-up plan. Tell yourself this is not giving up, just 'a back-up plan'.

1 comment:

JB said...

Thanks, Will do my best to keep it up.