Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Navy closing NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach

Should have seen it coming!! Close it! Close it Tomorrow!! After living in this hell hole for 17 yrs against my will (now retired NAVY) and listening to the people complain about the NAVY and the noise, it's about time our NAVY leaders took the hint from you complainers and said lets close it and go somewhere where our jobs, our money and our SERVICE protecting our citizens is appreciated. Do you really think VA Beach will recover quickly? Your kidding right? Tourism going to increase? Your beaches are filthy, the locals are rude and obnoxious to both the visitors and Navy people here. Find a house under construction for UNDER $300K in VA Beach. Can't do it. I saw this writing on the wall. Took complete advantage of it too. Sold my house here at the inflated price. Taking the money and running as fast as I can back to where visitors and the military are treated like GUESTS in our community, back to a real vacation paradise. FLORIDA. Care to join me?

1 comment:

JB said...

immy,
I must say that you obviously visited the southern east coast of FLorida. Have been treated down there the same way. Come on down to Panama City Beach sometime and see if it's better here. I am kinda stuck on the place since I grew up here. But hey sugar white beachs, good food and lots of cold beer. What more could you ask for?