Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Different Perspective on the Immigration Reform.

This was sent to me by some friends in Virginia. We here on the Gulf Coast haven't experienced this problems the major cities have been where this is concerned but we still have a large number of hispanic immigrants in this area. Illegals? Don't know but I would bet on at least 40% of of them are. This has not been edited. Although I might want to add, instead of white Americans, it should read True Americans!
 
This is from a  Hispanic who lives in Texas.  He's had a column in the  Fort  Worth Star Telegram  and as you can see, expresses himself very  well.
 
ASLEEP  AT THE WHEEL
 
I can almost assure you that everyone who is a true American was sickened when you saw multitudes of protesters carrying Mexican flags protesting the new Immigration Reform Bill in the Senate. This display of Mexican flags should give you a heads up on where these protesters allegiance lies.  Their hearts are in Mexico and their bellies are in the United  States.
 
As an American of Mexican Heritage I want to set the record straight.  American Hispanics are not all thrilled with illegal  immigration.  I, for more than 20 years, tried desperately to bring this national debacle to the attention of the American  people.  I had the privilege of writing for several newspapers,  appeared on national and local TV and radio programs, and was asked by many political groups to address this serious problem affecting my former community (north  Fort  Worth),  city, state, and our country.  Many will question how I can speak on this subject with some authority.  My simple answer is: I lived with the problem!  Trust me, it was no picnic.   Never in my life (I'm 68) had I witnessed the lawlessness, the  deterioration of my community, and the black market criminal underground activities attributed to the influx of illegal  immigrants.
 
To add injury to insult,  politicians soon caved in to the many demands of illegal immigrants.  Notably: bilingual education, bilingual ballots, welfare aid, free medical care, etc. Through all this national disgrace allowed by our  politicians, have you all noticed that no one ever blames the useless,  corrupt, and disgraceful government of  Mexico? In contrast, they lambaste and criticize our country.  How  does that grab you?
 
When I addressed the  dangers of our porous border between Mexico and the United  States, and the lax security of our nation, no one paid attention. As I observed the situation, the problem was perceived to be between American Hispanic communities and illegal immigrants. White Americans, it seemed, assumed that the problem was not theirs to deal with.   In other words they were asleep at the wheel.  However, 9-11 soon woke them up. Lets be honest with each other here, white Americans vote in far larger numbers than Hispanics do. And most politicians (Democrats and Republicans) in our city, state, and federal governments are white.  Thus, who is more suited to fix this national disaster?  I'm sure most of you know what the  answer is.
 
In summation, I'm pleading with white American voters to join me in sending our politicians (Democrats and Republicans) a strong message that we will not tolerate illegal immigrants telling us how to make government policy that will make it easier for them to break our laws.  Hope you will join me in this endeavor in our upcoming elections.
 
James H. Reza
Lake Worth, Texas  
 

Please  pass this on...it just might get to the other Veterans and VFW,  American Legions and to those that truly believe that we will not give our country away !

No comments: