Monday, March 13, 2006

Something to Rant About!

An interesting weekend spent out of Spring Break Central, spent with family and friends, not having to worry about anything really, except the dog getting out...But during the drive it allowed me to think about some things that were said and about some things in the news that really just bother me.
 
I am not one to really push other blogs but this one which I will give a link to brings up some seriously interesting things. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says but allot I do.
is the link to Insight to Freedom by a guy calling himself Longstreet. His insights can really bring up so interesting thought into what is going on in our country. One of his recent posts brings up New Orleans again and I have to chime in on it. At least weekly we hear more about how New Orleans is in such trouble. The people aren't coming back, the place is in ruins, etc... and of course how it's the Governments fault. Well let me tell you something and you can disagree all you want. Florida, especially the west coast of Florida has been hit at least 4 times, hard in the last 2 years. Do you hear anything about that? The Gulf Coast of Mississippi was hit just as hard as New Orleans during Katrina. Do you hear the people of Bay St Louis and Gulfport Miss. complaining. Not on the national news. Not in the news papers. Do you hear the people of Pensacola, FL screaming and crying about getting hit not once, but 3 times with major storms in the last 2 years? Here is a couple of reasons why you don't hear it. 1) The states of Florida, Alabama and Mississippi prepare for these storms, year round. They ensure the residents have any and all information available to them and get it out to them. 2) Most of us living in this part of the country know that it can happen, and when it does, the only people we can rely on is ourselves. We get out, clean up the mess, start rebuilding with what we have and try to get back to normal. So to New Orleans, I say, sorry to hear you got creamed by Katrina. Now shut up, stop blaming everybody and get to work fixing yourselves. Because that's what it is going to take.
 
How many of you really think this port deal is going away? Yes the company backed out. Do you really think that a shell company cannot be formed in the US for them to get them deal anyway? Start thinking people. At least, for once Congress is doing something right.
 
But as for Congress, mid term elections happen this fall. I think it's high time for a change of the guard. Let's get some fresh new meat in there who will listen to what we have to say and for the ones not up for it, lets start making them listen to. Write you congressmen and senators.
 
 Now one that is really getting dear to allot of people. I know at least one person that will agree with this from the rooftops if she could.
ENGLISH!! The language this country was formed on. How many of you have noticed everything turning bilingual or just straight Spanish in our stores? Now don't get me wrong, I understand that we have immigrants that come here that don't speak good English and by being bilingual helps. BUT DAMN IT WHEN I GO INTO A STORE AND CAN'T READ THE FUCKIN LABELS BECAUSE THEY ARE IN SPANISH AND NO ENGLISH, IT REALLY JUST PISSES ME OFF.
Want to live in America, great. Come here LEGALLY, AND LEARN OUR FUCKING LANGUAGE.
No where in the constitution does it say bilingual. The OFFICIAL language of the United States of AMERICA. is ENGLISH!!!!!
Learn the language.
 
I hate March. Basketball..every damn day. I hate basketball. I don't care about the Final Four. Even if my college team was in it, I wouldn't care. But as I am sure there are others out there who don't like football either....Just had to get that off my chest.
 
And who really cares that Miloselvic died in prison. 22 updates to the news piece. He's dead. Did he cheat justice? Probably. Who gives a shit now? What can you do about it? He' s dead. Too bad, you took to long to torture him.
 
Although there is plenty to go one about, I think this is enough for now. Maybe more later.....

No comments: