Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weekend Madness

Well another weekend has come and gone. This one was busy. Now that we are in the house, Of course everything has to get put away, placed, hung on the walls, you all know the drill.

So let's just start out with Friday.

The new television I ordered did come in to the store. I called to find out if it had come in and they told me they didn't know why it hadn't come in, but they did get a couple of the new JVC HD IHA's in. come take a look, you may like it better. So the other half and I run down there and take a look at this one. 61'' screen, beautiful picture and new technology. Same price as the Mitsubishi I was looking at. When can you deliver it? Saturday. No problem, send it on. Then it's back home to pick up the kid from school and off to the liquor store to work for the night. Boring, but at least I was training someone so not as boring. Closed at 1 am and off to the house for some sleep.

So Saturday comes around. Can't sleep to late. She has things for me to do, have to go to the grocery store and Florida State game is coming on and my television still isn't here. Where is it? Plus she wants the garage cleaned out, the boxes torn down and some space made so she can get the car in the garage. So here are me and her and the boys out there shoving paper into boxes and making this huge mess in the front yard. Game's on, no TV and this huge mess to clean up. Plus I have to finish putting up pictures, and shelves. Missed the game but what the hell, I knew FSU would beat Wake Forest. I had no doubt. Nice quiet evening, doing things around the house, finally got to sit down about 9.

A bright and cheery good morning, it's Sunday. She got up early but let me sleep in till 8:30. the big kid comes in to wake me up while she is playing on the computer. He about got his ass whooped, snapped me with a rubber band in the ass. Well now I am up. Still have pictures to hang, have to fix the pool pump, trying to hook up the TV now that it has been delivered, to do what I wanted with the TIVO. But DirecTV's Tivo won't do what I want it to do. So now what. Mark and his gang are coming over to grill out and watch some football before we had to go to work at the liquor store. Kids were playing in the pool, we were watching the game, grill is doing a good job on the burgers and dogs. New England beats Atlanta, but other games are just going every which way they can. Not according to the spreads. Jags beat the Bengals though, which I knew could happen. I played it in all the pools I play. So off to work I go, another boring night at the store. Well I get there and now I have to train one of the newbie's. Fortunately she has a clue and not dumb as a box of rocks and picks it up fairly quickly. Slow night.

Monday, Columbus Day. No work at the main job. So I can get things done around the house. Called DirecTV about the DVR. It won't do the same things that a regular stand alone TIVO will. So what's the use in having it? Turned off the service and get the TIVO out to hook up. Plug it in and the cooling fan starts screaming.   Now I have to call them too. They were good though. Going to exchange it for a new one for just the cost of shipping. All I have to do is pack it up and ship it to them. Going out today or tomorrow. Watched a little tv, got a few other things done and took it easy until work time at the store. Boring night. No one to train, not busy, hell didn't even have a customer after 10:30. Hour and a half with nothing or nobody coming in. what a waste of time. Went home to find her sitting up watching TV waiting for me to get home. Hmmm……..

No comments: